This is original mixed media art celebrating Dia de los Muertos: I paint traditional calavera motifs in acrylic gouache on top of a giclee print of my original watercolors, adding pen and ink on top, to achieve a vibrant, intricate and bright portrait of a sugar skull puppy. This is a one-of-a-kind original piece of art, painted on 64 lb. high-quality art paper, created just for you. You can choose from ANY image that I have available as a print in my shop. If you would like to commission sugar skull designs on your individual pet, I can do that too - check out the 'custom pet portrait' listing for more detail.
NOTE: I will be painting this pup to order, so please allow 1-2 weeks (contact me if you need it sooner) for preparation. The design will look similar to that in the photos. Let me know when ordering if you have color preferences and which mat color you prefer!
The paper size is 11" x 8.5" (28cm x 21.5cm). With the mat, the exterior dimensions are 11"x14", which fits perfectly in a standard-size frame. The image is centered on the page. The colors are very vibrant in person.
The painting will ship wrapped in a waterproof cellophane sleeve, along with pieces of stiff cardboard so it won't bend in transport.
All copyrights reserved by the artist.
Thanks so much for checking out my artwork.
Sugar Skull Dog or Cat of your choice: Mixed media dia de los muertos
- For international orders, the customer is fully responsible for all customs/duties fees/VAT that may apply. Customs fees and duties vary from place to place. Please contact your local postal service for customs fees/duties information in your area.
- Orders delivered outside of the USA typically arrive within 10-14 business days. However, due to customs processing, which is fully beyond our control, it may take as much as 30 days for your order to arrive.
- Please note that although international orders have tracking, once the package goes through customs, it is no longer possible for us to gather detailed information on the whereabouts of the package. You should be notified by your local postal service if your order is being held awaiting payment of customs fees.
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days via USPS and include tracking; prints and greeting cards are sent via First Class mail, and posters are sent Priority.
Please contact me here if you need a rushed order.
- We take care in packaging each order so that it arrives in perfect condition. Prints ship in a firm flat box. Posters will be shipped rolled in a tube.
- If your poster was shipped in a tube the following steps may be helpful to flatten it before framing: 1. Gently remove the poster from the tube. 2. Allow it to naturally unfurl for 24 hours. 3. Place the poster on a flat, CLEAN surface with the printed side facing down. Then lay a heavy flat item (such as a book/s) on top of the poster so that the paper is fully covered. 4. 24 hours later, the poster will be flat and ready to frame!
- We do not accept returns, but we are happy to replace items that have beed damaged or proven lost in transit. If a package is marked as successfully delivered, we do not consider it to be lost in transit. Please contact me within three business days of receipt if your artwork has arrived damaged.
Please note that colors may appear slightly different depending on the screen you are using. If you are uncertain about the colors, please contact me here and I can try and send you additional images to give you a better sense of the colors.