This listing is for one pet portrait painting, custom painted from a photo you supply, on Strathmore heavy watercolor paper (9x12, 11x15, or 12x18), with a blank background (may contain a shadow if the composition calls for one) and enough blank room for a mat - or with the mat included for the 9x12 size only, at your preference. The photos show a few examples of commissioned pet portraits. A pet portrait also makes an awesome, uniquely personal gift.
If you'd like a different size than those listed, or more than two pets depicted, or have some other preference, message me for pricing and I'll create a custom listing just for you!
If you would like sugar skull embellishments in pen and ink and acrylic on the custom painting, I'm happy to do that! In that case, I will deliver the original, unadorned painting as well as an 8.5x11 sugar skull, so you will receive two finished products.
I will happily paint commissioned portraits of any species of pet: dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, moose, deer, fish or more. If you keep a baby buffalo at home, I'll paint that for you too! All I need is a good-quality image, showing the animal in the exact pose you'd like for the painting. I can include two or more pets in a single portrait from different photos, if your furry friends are not the most patient at posing. Please keep in mind that the final piece is based on the quality of photos received! Feel free to send several photos if you're having trouble deciding.
Paintings typically take approximately 5 weeks to complete from the order date. If you need it sooner, please let me know, and I will try to accommodate your timing! The painting will be signed in the bottom right-hand corner. All copyrights reserved by the artist.
Paintings will ship wrapped in a waterproof cellophane sleeve, along with pieces of stiff cardboard so it won't bend in transport.
CUSTOM Watercolor Pet Portrait Original Painting
- For international orders, the customer is fully responsible for all customs/duties fees/VAT that may apply. Customs fees and duties vary from place to place. Please contact your local postal service for customs fees/duties information in your area.
- Orders delivered outside of the USA typically arrive within 10-14 business days. However, due to customs processing, which is fully beyond our control, it may take as much as 30 days for your order to arrive.
- Please note that although international orders have tracking, once the package goes through customs, it is no longer possible for us to gather detailed information on the whereabouts of the package. You should be notified by your local postal service if your order is being held awaiting payment of customs fees.
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days via USPS and include tracking; prints and greeting cards are sent via First Class mail, and posters are sent Priority.
Please contact me here if you need a rushed order.
- We take care in packaging each order so that it arrives in perfect condition. Prints ship in a firm flat box. Posters will be shipped rolled in a tube.
- If your poster was shipped in a tube the following steps may be helpful to flatten it before framing: 1. Gently remove the poster from the tube. 2. Allow it to naturally unfurl for 24 hours. 3. Place the poster on a flat, CLEAN surface with the printed side facing down. Then lay a heavy flat item (such as a book/s) on top of the poster so that the paper is fully covered. 4. 24 hours later, the poster will be flat and ready to frame!
- We do not accept returns, but we are happy to replace items that have beed damaged or proven lost in transit. If a package is marked as successfully delivered, we do not consider it to be lost in transit. Please contact me within three business days of receipt if your artwork has arrived damaged.
Please note that colors may appear slightly different depending on the screen you are using. If you are uncertain about the colors, please contact me here and I can try and send you additional images to give you a better sense of the colors.